What You Should Know about OFWs:
According to a 2011 study by Social Enterprise Development Partnerships Inc., one out of 10 Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) is financially broke, while 80 percent of OFWs return to the Philippines with no savings at all. This alarming situation causes financial distress due to the lack of proper financial education for many OFWs.
Throughout this book, I will explain why personal finance is a timely topic not just for OFWs, but for every Filipino household. Some important topics addressed include:
- The life and challenges face by many OFWs
- The ultimate purpose of money in your life
- The common money mistakes and how to avoid them
- The importance of building an emergency fund
- How to save and invest so you can prepare for the future
- The Biblical perspective about money and how to trust God in the midst of financial distress.
OMG Personal Finance Book Journey